10 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Membership
1. Join your State Chapter
– Getting involved at the local level allows you the opportunity to receive local member benefits, attend educational programs close by, network with colleagues, and make connections which can lead to personal growth…even jobs! The association grows in credibility and reputation as a result of volunteer input, and each volunteer gains experience and leadership as a result of participation in ANFP activities. Getting involved is as easy as heading to the Chapter Directory
, finding your state, and contacting your representative to learn more!
2. Read Nutrition & Foodservice Edge magazine
– published 10 times per year, Edge is THE premier resource for foodservice professionals. Read by over 15,000 members and many others within the industry, Edge is a valuable management and training tool. As an ANFP member, you receive each issue of Edge both in print and online. An archive
of past issues is always available to ANFP members.
3. Visit www.ANFPonline.org
– This website is your home base for all things ANFP. You can access your member portal, input CE hours, find the latest ANFP News, view live event information, find CE products, verify a credential, and more!
4. Link with colleagues on ANFPConnect
– ANFPConnect is the online community for ANFP members. ANFPConnect gives you the forum to ask for or offer advice, network with those within the industry, access a library of documents including recipes, sample policies and procedures, and much more. A membership to ANFP includes free access to ANFPConnect, and only members are allowed to join. For a video on how to set up access to ANFPConnect, click here
5. Experience an ANFP Live Event
– Whether it’s the Annual Conference & Expo (ACE) or a Regional Meeting, ANFP live events are inspiring, educational, and fun. Educational sessions are sure to keep you current with the foodservice industry, while the expo connects you with vendors and keeps you up-to-date with the latest technology. Networking events give you the opportunity to meet new colleagues and make lasting friendships. ANFP members receive discounted rates on event registration fees. View the ANFP events calendar
to see when ANFP is coming to you!
6. Upload your resume to CDM Career Network
– Looking for a new opportunity in foodservice? Searching for resume or interview tips? Need to hire a CDM? CDM Career Network
is your resource to the latest job openings in the foodservice industry. Search and apply for jobs today by creating a profile. You may just find your dream job!
7. Update your ANFP profile
– Making sure that your contact information is correct ensures that you are receiving your issue of Edge magazine as well as other important membership information such as invoices, eNews, and other print and digital communications that keep you current with the association and the industry. Learn how to update your profile HERE
8. Check out the 2015 Salary Survey
– Only available to ANFP members, the salary survey reviews dietary managers from across the country to determine current average salaries and benefits. The results are printed in Nutrition & Foodservice Edge as well as online
to assist you in building a stronger career.
9. Increase your knowledge base with ANFP CE products
– ANFP offers members CE products at a discounted rate (up to 20%). Whether it’s a webinar, online course, or CE book, the ANFP Marketplace
includes products on all foodservice topics, with varying CE hours. Each month, ANFP also offers a CE Monthly Special, only available to ANFP members. You can always find the latest special HERE
10. Learn about the Nutrition & Foodservice Education Foundation (NFEF)
– The charitable arm of ANFP, NFEF
engages in innovative research, education, and charitable causes that promote the vital role of the Certified Dietary Manager as the expert in the profession of foodservice management and food safety. NFEF offers grants for individuals to get certified, attend ANFP live events, and more. Learn how you can get involved with NFEF today!