ANFP Values Statement
The Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals (ANFP) has adopted the following Values Statement, which urges its members to perform ethically and professionally at all times in all workplace situations. This Statement outlines the Core Values ANFP members pledge to uphold while delivering an optimal dining experience, as outlined in The ANFP Standard.
ANFP members commit to these four Core Values:
Professionalism: ANFP members are leaders who demonstrate the highest standards in their profession, adhere to a Values Statement and Code of Ethics, and pursue life-long learning.
Integrity: ANFP members demonstrate pride in their work and are respected members of the leadership team.
Advocacy: ANFP members are advocates for those they serve, and demonstrate they care about their clients’ health and quality of life.
Best Practices: ANFP members implement nutrition and foodservice best practices and impart that knowledge to those they serve and lead.
As part of these core values, ANFP members pledge to:
- Use only legal and ethical means in the practice of their profession.
- Refuse to engage in activities for personal gain at the expense of their employer, the industry, or the profession.
- Maintain confidentiality of privileged information entrusted to them by virtue of their profession.
- Maintain loyalty to their employer while pursuing their mission of serving the customer.
- Communicate truthfully and accurately in all workplace situations.
- Deliver the best possible product to their clientele, focusing on nutrition and personal desires.
- Improve public understanding of the role of nutrition and foodservice professionals.
- Maintain the highest standard of personal conduct.
Adherence to this Values Statement serves to assure public confidence in the integrity of all members of the Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals. ANFP members are encouraged to aspire to the Certified Dietary Manager Code of Ethics, which promotes the highest standard of conduct for nutrition and foodservice professionals.
Click below to download a printable flyer with the information on this page.