In February, we sent out a volunteer satisfaction survey to all chapter leaders. Thank you to all that took the time to complete the survey as the results have proven to be invaluable. We will use the information when developing training programs for chapter leaders over the coming year including online courses, tools and resources for ANFPConnect, and chapter best practices sessions. Below are a few highlights from the survey.
Chapter Succession Management
- 80% of those that responded to the survey conduct a board orientation for new chapter leaders.
- 76% also offer mentors to incoming officers and leaders.
- 83% of chapter leaders are planning to attend the annual chapter board orientation via GoToMeetings (tentatively planned for May/June – information forthcoming)
Chapter Resources & Tools
- 100% of individuals found the chapter resources such as the handbook, chapter portal tutorials, templates and board orientation checklist to be helpful in managing their chapters.
- 66% of chapter leaders were in interested in online course that covers volunteer recruitment & retention.
- 57% would like to see online courses on governance best practices and program/meeting chair roles and responsibilities.
- These courses will be available in the 2019-2020 volunteer year.
Chapter Volunteer Leaders Forum
While 85% of our chapter leaders found the information posted on the forum to be useful, we’ve found that only 35% of these individuals have actually posted questions or comments. The purpose of this forum was to encourage chapter leaders throughout the country to engage with one another, not for chapter updates specifically. Unfortunately, due to lack of participation and based on the survey results, we decided to sunset this forum (62% in favor). However, all information that was posted on the forum will continue to be distributed to chapter leaders via e-mails, Volunteer Leader, and other means of communication. Also, please keep in mind that you can connect with other chapter leaders through the Member Directory function on ANFPConnect.
60% of chapter leaders stated they have participated in chapter chats at some point during the year, and 86% found the information within chapter chats to be useful. However, due to overall low participation, ANFP will be moving chapter chats to online courses that will be available in the Marketplace. We will offer at least four courses, based on the topics that chapter leaders have indicated are important to them as part of their leadership development. Please be on the lookout for more information on these courses. Archived chapter chats are available for viewing at any time on ANFPtv.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the survey. These results help us understand how to improve our training, education, and the tools and resources our volunteers need to successfully manage their chapters and have a positive volunteer experience.
With that being said, we have created another survey that specifically addresses the meeting planning and chapter prior approval processes. It is our goal to streamline and simplify both processes for our chapter leaders. However, before we can do this, we need to have a better understanding of our chapters’ ‘points of pain’ when it comes to meeting planning and the prior approval process. To complete the survey and provide feedback, please click here HERE.