Hormel Health Labs Student Grant
This grant will be awarded to students accepted into (or currently enrolled in) an ANFP-Approved Training Program. The grant recipients will receive up to $575 to cover tuition and fees and a credit of $425 to cover the CDM, CFPP Credentialing Exam registration fees.
If tuition and fees have not been paid, a check from NFEF will be sent directly to the college or university (amount will not exceed $575). If tuition and fees have been paid in full for program costs, proof of payment must be submitted to the NFEF, and a check will be sent directly to the grant recipients.
The CDM, CFPP Credentialing Exam registration credit will be set up in the grant recipient's online account at www.ANFPonline.org. The exam must be taken within one year of program completion, and registration fee payment will be made one-time only. Recipients are required to be CBDM-approved as eligible to sit for the exam in accordance with CBDM policy. To view additional information on current eligibility requirements to sit for the CDM, CFPP Credentialing Exam here. Any other exam-related costs will be the responsibility of the students.
- Complete the online questions form.
- Attach a letter of recommendation.
The Letter of Recommendation must come from one of the following individuals:
(B) ANFP Program Instructor
(C) Consultant Dietitian
(D) Supervisor or Administrator
The Letter of Recommendation should address:
- Where do you see the greatest potential in this candidate as it relates to the field of nutrition and food service?
- How will you continue to support this candidate so that they are successful in completing the CDM, CFPP certification process?
- Explain in detail why this candidate should receive grant funding.
- Is there anything else you would like to share about this candidate that would be helpful to the Grants & Awards committee?
Grant Application DatesGrant Open Date: June 1, 2024
Grant Close Date: August 31, 2024
Grants & Awards Committee Decision Date: September 30, 2024
- To start the application process log into the ANFP Member Login section (or create a profile) and select the NFEF Grants tab from the 'My Information' menu on the top, left side of the screen.
- Select “Hormel Health Labs Student Grant" under the Grant Programs section and review program details.
- Select "apply online" and review the applicant’s demographic section and click "save". If you need to make changes, select the respective buttons within each area.
- Once the page has refreshed select "done."
- To complete the online grant application process, select the applicable grant link displayed on the page. You will be taken to Survey Monkey to complete the questions on the form.
- Once completed, select "Submit" and your application will be completed.
Upon completing the online application process, confirmation will appear that your application is being reviewed. Every application will be updated with a status that can be monitored and each applicant can follow up with NFEF staff on any incomplete or missing documents.
Begin a new application by clicking any of the "Apply Today" link below. You may save your application at any time and return to it later, if needed. Return to any of your in-progress applications by selecting the ANFPOnline.org National Site link above followed by the Login button, and logging into your ANFP account.
Membership with ANFP is not required to apply for this grant.
Grant recipients are limited to receiving one grant in a three-year period and will be eligible to receive another grant after three years have passed.
For questions or concerns with your application, please contact the Foundation at NFEF@ANFPonline.org.