Top 10 Tidbits for Managing Stress and Enhancing Self Care
Compiled by: Joey Rost, CDM, CFPP
1. Understand Your Stress: It’s important to know that everyone deals with stress differently. How you manage it may differ from how others manage it.
2. Identify Your Sources of Stress: This could be family, work, or any other changes in your life that could be triggers of stress.
3. Identify Your Stress Signals: Be aware of your symptoms caused by stress. These might include headaches, stomach pains, fatigue, and trouble concentrating.
4. Implement Self-Care: Self-care is the most effective tool for stress management. Everyone needs to take some time to relax, meditate, and enjoy hobbies or interests in life.
5. Establish a Routine: Get a good night of sleep and eat well balanced meals. Exercise can improve alertness and relieve muscles of tension.
6. Maintain a Positive Attitude: Your attitude reflects everything you do; always try to stay positive when dealing with stress.
7. Accept Change and the Unchangeable: Embrace change, and let go of and accept the events you cannot change.
8. Set Aside Time for a 10 Minute Walk: Take 10 minutes to walk and think of everything you are grateful for in your life.
9. Take a Five-Minute Break: Take five minutes and write down what is stressful to you. Then, shred it!
10. Laugh and Laugh Often: Laughter is the best-kept secret to reduce stress. Watch a funny video to stimulate the heart so you will feel more relaxed, emotionally and physically.
Download a printable flyer below with the information on this page.