Thanks for your interest in Nutrition & Foodservice Edge magazine, the official publication of Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals (formerly Dietary Managers Association), one of the oldest and largest foodservice associations in the country. Nutrition & Foodservice Edge is a trusted source of management and nutrition information for more than 14,000 foodservice professionals across the country. Our readers are dedicated professionals who work in senior healthcare (56%), hospitals (22%), and other settings including schools, corrections, and military (21%). They seek the latest information on nutrition and foodservice management. Just a sampling of the many topics we cover are: food safety and sanitation, medical nutrition therapy, patient care planning, foodservice equipment and technology, staffing issues, employee training, professional development, budgeting – and more.
Publication of Articles
We encourage and welcome submissions to Nutrition & Foodservice Edge. But before preparing an article for us, please discuss your idea with the editor. Upon receipt of your submission, please allow two to three weeks for manuscript review. Once accepted, your article will be assigned to an upcoming issue. Your article may be edited for brevity and clarity. After it appears in Nutrition & Foodservice Edge magazine, you will receive at least two complimentary copies of the issue featuring your submission, along with a PDF.
Your article submission should:
- Credit any sources used in the creation of your article, and cite references if appropriate.
- Include a working title.
- Get to the point as soon as possible.
- Be well-written and factual.
- Run between 1,000-1,500 words, depending on subject matter.
- Include pertinent charts, graphs, photographs, and/or sidebars.
- Use subheads to signal shifts in topic and bullets for better readability.
- Include a one sentence bio on you, listing your name, title, company, city/state, and an email or website address.
- Your article submission should not promote a product, service, or company.
2017 Editorial Calendar
For your information and inspiration, following is our current editorial calendar. In addition to the featured theme, each issue of Nutrition & Foodservice Edge covers several timely and important topics. Themes, it should be noted, may be amended or re-scheduled without prior notice.