Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals, (ANFP) is here to serve you in your professional advancement. We invite you to complete your application for pre professional membership today. Must submit proof of enrollment. You will be teaming up with more than 14,000 professionals dedicated to providing optimum nutritional care through foodservice management. After your training program completion, you'll receive a $10 credit towards your upgrade to Professional Membership in ANFP.
Scholarships and Grants for Student Members
NFEF is proud to support grant opportunities for nutrition and foodservice professionals and students. Special grants are available for members to cover registration fees to ANFP educational events that include the Annual Conference & Expo and Regional Meetings.
The Foundation also offers grants to off-set ANFP Approved School course costs and CDM Exam registration fees.
For more information, please visit the
Grants and Scholarships section located here.
Congratulations on your decision to pursue a career as a certified dietary manager.
Download the Textbook Ordering Procedure document as a guide.
- If you are unsure as to what books are required for your coursework, please contact your school instructor for the exact titles of the books needed.
- To be eligible for member pricing first join ANFP as a Pre-Professional member.
- Textbooks and other exam prep materials are available for purchase in the ANFP Marketplace. If this is your first time visiting the website, you will be prompted to create a profile and log in before any items can be placed into your shopping cart.
- Once you have successfully logged in, select “Marketplace >> Publications >> Textbooks & Exam Prep” from the left menu.
- Locate the textbooks(s) required for your course and place into your shopping cart.
If you have any questions or would like further information, contact us at 1-800-323-1908 and a staff member will be happy to assist you.
State chapters are a vital component of ANFP, offering members local benefits including educational programs, networking opportunities, and connections to professional growth…even jobs!
View the directory by state to find your local chapter.
Directory by State
Credentialing Exam Information
The exam consists of 160 multiple choice questions. Questions are based on professional situations in which a dietary manager would have to make a decision or solve a problem. The examinee must carefully read the scenario and select the appropriate response among multiple choices.
Exam questions are based on two ANFP textbooks, Nutrition Fundamentals and Medical Nutrition Therapy, 2nd Edition (2018), and Foodservice Management - By Design, 2nd Edition (2018). Sanitation and food safety-related questions are also based on the FDA Food Code (2017), available free at www.fda.gov.
Integration of Exam Content Outline with 2018 ANFP Textbooks
ANFP has created a job board that will allow CDMs and other industry individuals to post and apply for open positions throughout the country.
To view the job board, click HERE.
Learn more about positing an open position HERE.