Get Involved! Volunteer with NM ANFP
ANFP is currently seeking volunteers for the NM chapter. Chapter leaders and volunteers will have the opportunity to contribute to the vision and mission that will help shape the future of the chapter. Volunteers will work with the staff at ANFP and other state chapter leaders, to ensure the continual growth and success of the chapter.
What Are We Looking For?
NM ANFP is looking for individuals from all foodservice industry and nutrition backgrounds, with varying levels of skills. We are seeking dedicated leaders that are proactive and embrace change, and that wish to see the chapter thrive. We are looking for members that are active in ANFP including retired members as well as pre-professional members. Whether you would like to take the lead or help support the chapter with small tasks and projects, all members are encouraged to volunteer.
Are You Qualified?
Many of the skills you already possess and use in your professional and personal lives are applicable to the volunteer roles as well as board positions
Below are questions that are related to experience. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these criteria, please consider submitting your name.
- Are you responsible for balancing your department’s or facility’s food and beverage or dining budget? You would be perfect for managing the chapter’s finances.
- Have you had success in implementing new programs (training, procedural, education, etc.) at your place of work? You are a great fit for developing educational meetings and programs.
- Do you hire, train and manage staff? You would be great as a mentor to new members and membership representative.
- Do you oversee staff recruitment or sales efforts at your place of work? You are perfect for member recruitment and securing sponsorships.
- Do you have a natural talent for writing? You may want to consider developing the state’s newsletter, or starting and contributing to the chapter’s social media account.
- Are you organized? You would be perfect for keeping the chapter’s business needs and meetings in order.
- Do you or would you like to plan social events? You are the ideal candidate to plan networking events.
- Do you have limited time, but still want to be involved? NV ANFP Chapter is looking for any individuals that would like to be part of the chapter, not matter how much time you have, all volunteers are welcomed!
Regardless, if you have past chapter management experience, we would like to invite you to volunteer as many of your professional skills are transferable to the chapter model.
What are the benefits?
Volunteering is not only fun, it is also rewarding and benefits you professionally and personally. As a volunteer, you can: gain leadership skills that transfer to your professional and personal lives, foster teamwork, expand your professional network and build your resume by contributing to industry issues.