About Our Chapter
Need to contact your local ANFP Chapter?
Per our confidentiality policy, ANFP chapter leaders/volunteers contact information is not made public. If you have a chapter related question, comment, or request, please click the red button below and fill out the Chapter Contact Form. Your request will be sent to the appropriate individuals.
Statement of Core Values
Professionalism: ANFP members are leaders who demonstrate the highest standards of their profession, adhere to a code of ethics, and pursue lifelong learning.Integrity: ANFP members demonstrate pride in their work and are respected members of the leadership team.
Advocacy: ANFP members are advocates for those they serve and demonstrate that they care about their health and quality of life.
Best Practices: ANFP members implement nutrition and foodservice best practices and impart that knowledge to those they serve and lead.
Board of Directors
Sara J. Smith, CDM, CFPP
Bay Springs, MS
Policy & Procedures
The Mississippi Chapter was organized February 1964: with 17 charter members and became affiliated with the National Organization in April 1968.
Some of the accomplishments are listed below of the MS ANFP:
- 1976 - South Central District and Northeast District organized
- 1977 - State officers attended the "Together We Are Something" workshop in Alabama
- 1977 - A representative was sent to the ADA Legislative Workshop in Washington
- 1978 - Received the 100% President's Award
- 1978 - State Banner was developed
- 1978 - Jeanette Dillon, MS HEIFSS member, sang the National Anthem at; open general session of the National HEIFFS Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada
- 1979 - The Ethel Summerour Scholarship fund was developed
- 1979 - The Central District was formed in Magee, MS
- 1979 - Received the 100% President's Award
- 1980 - The North District of MS HEIFFS was formed in Oxford, MS
The Mississippi Chapter of the Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals has received the State Achievement Award every year since 1978.
We would like to take this opportunity to encourage all new members of the MS ANFP that have an interest in holding a state office to please volunteer to do so. We need all members to be an active part in our organization.
Belinda M. Auberg - President
Sara Smith - President-Elect
Sandra Tribble - Treasurer
Theresia Dillard - Chapter Secretary
Sonja Gilchrist - Past President
Crystal Fuqua - Newsletter