Service Project - Clean the World
ACE attendees will have the opportunity to work with Clean the World to build hygiene kits for children. About Clean the World
Clean the World was founded in 2009 by Shawn Seipler. As the Vice President of Sales and Marketing for an e-commerce technology company, Shawn traveled frequently. The idea for soap recycling came about after Shawn learned the barely used bars of hotel soap he left behind each morning ended up in a landfill. That led to Clean the World, a Florida not-for-profit corporation under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Mission
Clean the World has a two-part mission:
- Collect and recycle soap and hygiene products discarded every day by the hospitality industry and other sectors that generate environmental waste.
- Through the distribution of these and other donated products to impoverished people, prevent millions of hygiene-related deaths each year, reduce the morbidity rate for hygiene-related illnesses, and encourage vigorous childhood development. Implementation
We implement our mission through:
- Collecting, sorting and processing discarded soap, shampoo conditioner and lotion product donations from participating hospitality partners.
- Collection of donated hygiene products from manufacturers.
- Recycling these product donations at facilities in Orlando, Fla., Las Vegas, and Hong Kong.
- Delivering these recycled product donations to domestic homeless shelters and developing countries suffering from high death rates due to acute respiratory infection and diarrheal disease.
Learn more at www.cleantheworld.org
Saving lives requires not only access to soap, but also
a holistic approach that integrates soap into a healthy water,
sanitation and hygiene program.