Vision The Certified Dietary Manager is the cornerstone of the collaborative Dietetics profession.
Mission Position the Certified Dietary Manager as the expert in foodservice management and food safety.
Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals (ANFP) is a national not-for-profit association established in 1960 that today has 15,000 professionals dedicated to the mission: "to provide optimum nutritional care through food service management."
Click on the tabs above to learn more about Pennsylvania ANFP, and visit the national association website at www.ANFPonline.org. For more information about Pennsylvania ANFP, please contact Jeremy Manners, CDM, CFPP (Work: 724-727-3451 x434).
Be recognized for your hard work! Nominations for the new ANFP awards program - celebrating CDMs and those supporting the credential and industry across the country - are open until May 1. Learn more here.
- CDM of the Year Award Recipient of chapter-level CDM of the Year in Fall 2013 or Spring 2014.
- Embrace Diversity Award How has a member displayed leadership in fostering equality, diversity, and inclusion?
- Excellence in Dining Award How did a member elevate a dining experience from more than just “eating”?
- Institute Alumni LEAD Award How was leadership curriculum applied?
- Leading Change Partnership Award How did a facility demonstrate strong commitment to the CDM credential and support the nutrition and foodservice department leader?
- Legacy Award How has a member made significant and ongoing contributions to ANFP, their workplace and/or their community?
- Model of Commitment Leadership Award How did a non-member demonstrate commitment to the CDM credential and support the nutrition and foodservice department leader through mentoring?
Recipients win a free registration to the 2014 ANFP National Leadership Conference and $250 for travel!
Safe Food For Seniors Introduced to Congress!
On May 23, 2013, U.S. Representatives Tom Latham (R-IA), and co-sponsor Earl Blumenauer (D-OR) introduced Safe Food for Seniors Act of 2013 ( H.R. 2181) in Congress!
H.R. 2181 requires that federally-funded skilled nursing facilities (SNF) have their Director of Food Services, in the absence of a full-time dietitian, be trained as a Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM, CFPP), or a Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR), or have the equivalent training from military experience or traditional education.
The Safe Food for Seniors Act of 2013 (H.R. 2181) ensures the recognition of the CDM credential nationwide. Stay tuned for more information, including a link to the Safe Food for Seniors web page, devoted specifically to the bill and a grassroots campaign. These are exciting times to be a member of ANFP!
ANFP is the premier resource for food service managers, directors, and those aspiring to careers in food service management. ANFP members work in hospitals, long-term care, schools, correctional facilities, and other non-commercial settings. ANFP achieves its mission through education, advocacy, networking, and research.
CDM Career Network www.healthecareers.com/anfp