Certified Dietary Manager
Premier Senior Healthcare Facility has a career opportunity in the Greater Austin area! Our company is one of the largest providers of long term care services in the state of Texas and we are looking for you! We have an immediate need for a Certified Dietary Manager in our Austin-area facility. The Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) will be responsible for assessing all new residents upon admission to work with individual dietary needs and preferences, as well as quarterly and annual assessments. The CDM will also input results from intake interview into dietary tray card system, utilize safe food handling and food storage techniques, and be able to successfully train and manage a dietary team for best possible outcomes.
* Ability to procure and store all food and supplies.
* Ability to plan staff and special function menus as directed by the Administrator.
* Ability to supervise the operation of the Dietary Service Department staff on a daily basis.
* Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
* Genuine care and interest in elderly and handicapped people.
* Ability to comply with the Patient Bill of Rights and the Employee Responsibilities.
* Ability to comply with Company and departmental safety policies and procedures.
* Accountable for dietary compliance and excellence.
* Ability to ensure the proper handling and utilization of all foods and equipment to prevent contamination and unsafe acts, to improve quality and to minimize costs.
* Ability to complete initial interview for each resident to determine their food preferences and special needs. Update and maintain resident diet cards. Complete annual and quarterly assessments, with consultation from the dietitian as needed.
* Ability to maintain all department records so they are accurate, current, organized and secure.
* Ability to interview, select, evaluate, motivate and discharge dietary service personnel.
* Ability to supervise, plan for, schedule, and coordinate the work of dietary service employees.
* Ability to develop and conduct in-service and orientation programs for dietary service employees on a monthly basis. Reliability, trustworthiness and consistency with regard to attendance is extremely important to this job. The ability to regularly and timely attend work, cooperatively and politely work and deal with others, and to effectively multi-task and work in a stressful environment are also essential functions to this job.
* Must be a Certified Dietary Manager (CDM), or possess the ability to obtain certification;
* Must be a graduate of an accredited course in dietetic training approved by the American Dietetic Association;
* Must possess 3-5 years experience in a supervisory capacity within a hospital, nursing home, or other medical facility;
* Experience using MenuMatrix software is highly desired;
* Must be able to pass a criminal background check;
* Must qualify for company insurance, pass DMV check, and practice safe defensive driving skills
Salary & Benefits:
We believe strongly in investing in our employees. We offer health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance to qualified employees after 90 days. All full time employees are eligible for a free life insurance policy after completing their introductory period. Additionally, we provide company-sponsored training, free CEUs, tuition reimbursement, and unparalleled corporate support.
For immediate consideration, please respond to this posting, or submit your resume to 972-692-8921. We look forward to hearing from you! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).