DIRECTOR OF FOOD & NUTRITION
Confidential, New Jersey
DIRECTOR OF FOOD & NUTRITION Leading northern New Jersey based teaching hospital has a challenging opportunity for a take-charge Registered Dietitian to oversee and manage the daily activities, including all administrative and operational functions, associated with its Department of Food & Nutrition Services. As an integral member of our management team, you will play a key role in establishing policies/procedures, while ensuring our strategic mission, goals and objectives are met/exceeded.
Responsibilities will include:
* Developing, planning, organizing and directing all departmental activities associated with clinical nutrition, performance improvement, procurement, production and provision of food
* Developing specific menus for production of foods
* Ensuring departmental performance is in compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Credentialing Agency Standards of Performance
* Managing the distribution of food
* Developing onsite/offsite nutritional programs
* Implementing systems to monitor accounting, financial and reporting activities
* Preparing, analyzing and monitoring departmental budgets
* Hiring, training and coaching staff
* Implementing process improvements
* Performing other management related tasks as needed
To qualify, you must have a Master's Degree in Nutrition & Dietetics or closely related field, along with 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience, registration as a Registered Dietitian, and Serve Safe Certification. Familiarity with in-service training, competency evaluation, credentialing, staffing, budget development, financial management, interdepartmental financial systems/reports, and cost-saving based initiatives will all be expected. Superior decision-making, leadership, analytical, motivational and customer service skills are essential, as is the ability to ensure the delivery of quality nutrition and food services.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with scope of experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package.
For confidential consideration, please email your resume/CV with salary history in strict confidence to: email@example.com. EOE M/F/D/V