The following questions may help you prepare for an interview. Listed here as questions you may be asked, and questions you may wish to ask your potential employer.
Questions You May Be Asked
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why would you like to work here?
- Why are you seeking employment?
- Why should I hire you?
- What are your strengths/weaknesses?
- Why are you qualified for this position?
- Describe your management style.
- What 2 or 3 things are most important to you in a job?
- Describe your personality.
- What motivates/frustrates you?
- Why did you choose this field of work?
- Describe a typical day in your current position.
- What can you do for us that someone else cannot do?
- Why should I hire an outsider when I could fill the job with someone inside the company?
Questions to Ask Your Potential Employer
- What is the atmosphere of the company?
- Are there opportunities for advancement?
- May I have a tour of the area where I would be working?
- Can you provide me with a copy of the organizational chart?
- What is the defined work week?
- What are you looking for in a person who will fill this position?
- What authority would I have?
- Do you have a written job description for this position?
- Why is this position vacant?
- What is the first problem that needs the attention of the person you hire?
- What can you tell me about the subordinates I would have?
- What can you tell me about other people in key positions?
- What can you tell me about my immediate supervisor?
- When will you be making a hiring decision on this position?